Director of Staff Development and Member Services
Fulltime position reporting to the Executive Director
$58,000 - $70,000, DOQ and DOE
The Director of Staff Development and Member Services manages, implements, and evaluates SEFLIN’s innovative continuing education program, further develops regional partnerships through resource sharing initiatives, and actively engages SEFLIN members and peer organizations to achieve organizational goals. In achieving these outcomes, this position works with SEFLIN committees and discussion groups, SEFLIN staff, and library staff from all types of libraries.
- Participates in the development and reporting of SEFLIN grant applications
- Plans innovative continuing education activities based on evaluation results and member needs
- Evaluates SEFLIN programs for effectiveness (including statistics, surveys, and narrative reports)
- Manages, implements, and evaluates SEFLIN’s contracts and services for library staff continuing education
- Organizes, plans, and implements SEFLIN’s continuing education schedule
- Hosts, produces, and facilitates in-person and online meetings and trainings
- Manages the course‐management system descriptions and registrations for continuing education face‐to‐face presentations, live online sessions, and courses
- Promotes SEFLIN’s continuing education offerings through a variety of traditional, online and social media
- Communicates with Training Liaisons in each of the SEFLIN member libraries to assist in the promotion and evaluation of SEFLIN’s Continuing Education Program
- Analyzes current services and implements innovations for SEFLIN’s continuing education programs.
- Leads the Planning Committee for the SEFLIN Annual Regional Conference.
- Guides the Florida Library Jobs grant project’s implementation, reporting and improvements.
o Manages the grant application and reports relating to the Florida Library Jobs site
o Monitors and reports on the use of Florida Library Jobs
o Proposes upgrades and monitors improvements to the Florida Library Jobs Web site
Minimum Education and Experience
Master of Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program. Minimum 2 years of experience in libraries.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a growth mindset are required. The ideal candidate will be excited to explore trends in all areas of library service, enjoy attending professional conferences and educational opportunities, and be able to apply knowledge from a wide variety of sources to inform educational opportunities for SEFLIN to offer.
- A degree or experience in developing and managing adult continuing education (especially online education) is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills for innovative thinking and creativity in planning, implementing, and evaluating services are required.
- Demonstrated excellence in office productivity computer skills including intermediate level proficiencies in Microsoft Office applications as well as data management for online membership and course management databases is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in library services and technology, through professional associations or education, is required.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and oral skills are required.